[rescue] Mail Server

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Dec 21 02:40:58 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 07:18:16PM -0500, sammy ominsky wrote:
> Also, Bill, do you have a writeup of your postfix/amavis/clamAV
> installation, and maybe even a business case for it?

I've got the install document I wrote while building it up on a
Solaris box, and our "business case" is pretty much "for effectively
$0, not counting employee time to configure and setup, we have a
enterprise-grade anti-spam and anti-virus solution that performs
just as good as commercial offerings."

It was like "$400K for hardware and software for the next four or
five years" on one hand, and "hardware we already have, software
that Bill can have running over the weekend" on the other - and
the choice was pretty obvious.  :)    As a result, users are
very happy, and we most likely won't be renewing the license for
our commercial anti-virus scanning machines (they've been mostly
sitting idle since I started doing this on the edge boxes).

Feel free to ping me off-list or on IRC if you need more details or
want to use me as a reference.

Bill

--
bill bradford