[rescue] Re: rescue Digest, Vol 25, Issue 4

Isaac isaac at pobox.com
Wed Dec 8 09:27:21 CST 2004

For what it's worth, I bought a generic 1U riser from that ebay seller
for a VA Linux 1000 last year. While it was just barely too tall, I was
able to grind down enough material with a small burr wheel on a dremel
to make it fit within tolerances (i.e. pci card fit, cover closed
properly).

A pain, to be sure, and not pretty, but it worked. The original risers
are, indeed, unobtanium.

I have no experience with the 2U risers, though.

-Isaac