[rescue] RS/6000 Seems to not boot from CD

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Aug 22 11:53:22 CDT 2004

On Sunday 22 August 2004 06:37, Zach Lowry wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have a 530H that I finally got running the other day, thanks to
> Patrick telling me how to place the memory boards. Now, the CD-ROM is
> plugged in, has power, and (I assume) is on the bus, but the machine
> won't boot from it. I believe it's set to id 2. It seems like it's a
> dead one, because I never see any activity, but I have a hard time
> believing it's dead. Are there any other reasons why the machine when
> in service mode might not hit the CD?

Yeah, it could be set at the "wrong" ID compared to what it was set at
before; you can set an exact boot order for service and normal boot
modes.  You might try disconnecting the battery for a while, and that
might reset the boot order to the default which should include a CDROM
at any ID.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/