[rescue] RS/6000 Seems to not boot from CD

Zach Lowry zach at zachlowry.net
Sun Aug 22 06:37:41 CDT 2004

Hey all,

I have a 530H that I finally got running the other day, thanks to
Patrick telling me how to place the memory boards. Now, the CD-ROM is
plugged in, has power, and (I assume) is on the bus, but the machine
won't boot from it. I believe it's set to id 2. It seems like it's a
dead one, because I never see any activity, but I have a hard time
believing it's dead. Are there any other reasons why the machine when
in service mode might not hit the CD?

--------
Zach Lowry
http://www.netbsd.org
MTSU, Murfreesboro, TN                              Owner of 20 NetBSD
Platforms
zach at zachlowry.net