[rescue] Needed: Indy Drive Sled, RS/6000 Parts

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Aug 15 11:21:35 CDT 2004

On Sunday 15 August 2004 10:58, Zach Lowry wrote:
> Also, I was talking to Eric Webb about getting some RS/6000 530H
> parts, but he seems to have flown the coop. So, I have a 530H that
> gives an error suggestiong a Memory Board Planar failure. I have 2
> Memory boards, neither one works, apparently. I've played around
> swapping SIMMs too, no dice. So, either I have 2 bad memory boards,
> or a bad motherboard. I'd REALLY like to get this system working,
> mainly because it's so  big and just so damn cool, but I'm sort of
> stuck at this point. Can someone please help?

Like other models in that series, they probably need to be paired up
(memory boards).  So, try one in the top memory slot, and one in the
fourth slot down (assuming 8 slots).  If that doesn't work, I should
have a few extra 64MB boards laying around, and should be able to send
you two of them to try out.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/