[rescue] RE: [geeks] The Mini-ITX box is done!

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 14:49:55 CDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:26:32 +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> manual - heck, Sun doesn't explain each output line in Solaris either,
> but then again, there typically is very little "spurious" messages
> during system start-up

Depends. If you odd enough[1] to set diag-level to low, some of the
larger Sun boxes can chuck out quite a few messages that I'd refer to as
"inscrutable" rather than "spurious".

[1]: Serial ports and I don't get along, although I prefer my console to
     be serially connected. As I'd rather stare at the diagnostic output
     than wonder if the console connection is still working, I'm one of
     those who set diag-level to low.