[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Aug 2 01:22:45 CDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Heh.  The problem I've had is with Solaris/IRIX audio CD ripping software.
> I haven't found one that is as slick as most of the Windos stuff.  I'd like
> something that can ...
>
> 	read the CD
> 	look up the name of the tracks on some national CDDB
> 	rip the tracks to WAV or MP3 using those names
>
> without very much user intervention.
>
> What are you planning to use for this?

Try mp3c:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/mp3c/

You can run interactively or even script it.  I was going to use it
with a CD changer to go back and rip all the cds I did years ago
at a higher sample rate now that HDs are bigger, but I haven't
gotten the changer working correctly yet.  (not mp3c's problem)

-DanD

# If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We
# might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. -DEEP THOUGHTS