[rescue] A Question about Snap Servers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Aug 1 21:36:15 CDT 2004

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 @ 20:16 -0700, Skeezics Boondoggle said:

> Most importantly, Disksuite does not mess with the filesystem or require
> any of that Veritas "encapsulation" baloney - so for mirrored root disks,
> you can boot from either half of the mirror if necessary.  That's a very
> small but critical consideration for boot disk (or any system partition,
> like /var) mirroring.  In a pinch, just boot from the surviving half of
> the mirror and worry about clearing it up and re-syncing later.

That's a nice feature of Linux mirroring too.  I had a controller mishap
a week ago, and one drive wasn't being seen.

The machine booted up with one of the drives, and I fixed the problem.

Then when I rebooted, it automatically rebuilt the mirror.

Not bad for free... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall