Fighting About The Temp (was Re: [rescue] A Question aboutSnap Servers)

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon Aug 2 00:24:33 CDT 2004

> What about creating another "zone" for your equipment? It should cost
> somewhere between "fiddling with the vents" and a seperate AC for the
> equipment... Hopefully closer to fiddling with the vents...
> All it should really cost would be a few pieces of ducting, some "shunts"
> (my term), and a temp sensor in the equipment room - assuming your AC can
> handle an additional zone...

There is an open source project on Freshmeat or Sourceforge that involves
putting R/C car servos on your vents and temperature sensors in each room
tied back to a linux host. Then the linux host adjusts all the registers
based on what you want for each room :-)

Looked interesting.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460