Fighting About The Temp (was Re: [rescue] A Question about Snap Servers)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 11:20:26 CDT 2004

> From: mrl <vlack-lists at vlack.com>
> Date: 2004/07/31 Sat PM 10:21:04 GMT
> To: ttlchaos at randomc.com,  The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Fighting About The Temp (was Re: [rescue] A Question about Snap
> 	Servers)
>
> On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 07:35, Eric Webb wrote:
>
> > Until I can complete the new house with basement idea, noise and heat from too
> > many machines are a problem.  Wifey's already pissed at me for freezing her
> > just trying to keep this office/bedroom livable.
>
> My el-cheapo solution for this is to keep the vents in my bedroom all
> the way open, while keeping the vents in all the other rooms less than
> half-open. You sorta have to play around with it for a while, but it can
> get a lot better.

What about creating another "zone" for your equipment? It should cost somewhere between "fiddling with the vents" and a seperate AC for the equipment... Hopefully closer to fiddling with the vents...

All it should really cost would be a few pieces of ducting, some "shunts" (my term), and a temp sensor in the equipment room - assuming your AC can handle an additional zone...