[rescue] A: SGI O2 Rescue

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Oct 31 14:32:19 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Did I just say simply and quickly?  I guess it is simple enough...  If
> you are an expert at desoldering BGA parts.  Frankly, I know that places
> exist that can do that work, but I personally don't know anyone who can.

De-soldering should be relatively easy, all you need is a hot air gun,
however re-soldering could be a real bitch, if indeed the part is not
socketed. BGA's with so many pins require specialized equipment, or some
real brass balls if they are soldering them by hand (dunno how).

Is there a ling about the procedure?