[rescue] For fans of much older stuff: www.6502.org

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at ohno.mrbill.net
Fri Oct 31 13:37:30 CST 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:49:53PM -0500, David L Kindred (Dave) wrote:
> I think these are a little OT for this list, as I don;t think anything
> resembling a modern OS ever ran on them, but I just stumbled across a
> site:
>
>   http://www.6502.org
>
> Which includes descriptions of cool computers like the KIM-1 and AIM-65.
>
> Those were fun times, a few bytes of ram and a hex keypad and we were
> happy.
>
> I don't have much running at home at the moment, but I think I'd be
> happier with one of those than with most of the machines we have here at
> work.  Anyone here still spend time with any of the old 8-bit machines?

Personally, I would rather work on machines in a similar vein as this,
but based around moderately low clock rate 68000s.

However, perhaps I will get into 6502 hacking someday.  I've done some
ASM code in the past, but very little.  I've just never been all that
excited by 8 bit machines, and only rarely by 16 bit ones.