[rescue] For fans of much older stuff: www.6502.org

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 31 11:59:49 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, David L Kindred (Dave) wrote:

> I think these are a little OT for this list, as I don;t think anything
> resembling a modern OS ever ran on them, but I just stumbled across a
> site:

Well, the Apple ][e used a 6502, and, while not very featureful, ProDOS
got the job done.  The ][gs used a much beefier variant, and GS/OS is
pretty slick.

> I don't have much running at home at the moment, but I think I'd be
> happier with one of those than with most of the machines we have here at
> work.  Anyone here still spend time with any of the old 8-bit machines?

I don't.  I need to get my TI 99/4a running again.  But, in reality,
emulation gets most of my playing done, as I'm more of a software guy,
anyway.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire