[rescue] AT&T 3b2's for rescue

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Oct 29 12:14:15 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 12:43, Steve Sandau wrote:
> I am also not going to be a whole lot of help, since I am in Maine. I
> do, however, have a small amount of experience with 3b2's. The Navy
> office here had a few, and I was impressed with the version of Unix they
> ran. (Used sysV as I recall; my first experience with it. This was 8
> years ago or so.)
>
> Cool boxes. Close to bulletproof, with the weight you'd expect from
> that... Maybe a foot or so tall and wide, two feet deep?? Been a while.
>
> If there's something I can do to help that doesn't require a lot of
> money (don't have much right now), you can let me know, Curt. If
> shipping isn't too bad, I might split it with you and take one of them.
> Interested??

If I can't do the meet in the middle with Joshua (which is still if
nobody else more local can save these).... then this may be a
possibility, but we would need a volunteer (like Joshua) that could
pick them up locally and ship them.

Any ideas on weight of the two boxes ?  FedEx Ground is actually
quite affordable to ship stuff with (and I've not yet (know on
wood) had an item damaged by them in transit.... and I can't say
the same for UPS (United Package Slammers)).

Given my new schedule, if shipping were an affordable option
(especially with someone like Steve being interested in one) then
this may or may not be a better option.

-- Curt