[rescue] AT&T 3b2's for rescue

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Oct 29 10:11:57 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:58, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:53:29AM -0500, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> > If nobody rescues these, and someone can volunteer to pack/ship them,
> > if the resulting shipping costs are not hideous, I'll try to save them.
> >
> > If I was local it would be easier, but I'm in Sharon, MA.
> >
> > I would like to see these systems saved (even though I've never
> > touched a 3b2).
>
> I could pick them up easily and ship them, but I'm afraid shipping costs
> would be hideous.
>
> But look, your only about 6 hours from here.  It's not like you can't do
> it in a single day.

6 hours is too far for me for rescuing this... unfortunately....

> Actually, I'd be willing to meet halfway if you wanted to be bring down
> a SS20 and some SS10s while I brought up the 3b2s.

Hmmm... that makes it a remote possibility...  I start a new job
(contract leading to permanent) tomorrow, and on top of over 8 hour
days I face 3 hours of commute... that will make weekend time very
valuable.... so I can't commit to doing this....

However, if nobody else rescues them, and Joshua's offer still holds
at that time, I will re-evaluate if this is a possibility for me.

Anyone have any links to pics on roughly what this equipment looks
like so I can see size, etc... and get an idea what these boxes
are all about ???

-- Curt