[rescue] RS/6000 43p/140 Console Trouble

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 16:22:30 CST 2003

I have installed AIX 5.1 on a new (to me) RS/6k 43p/140 332mHz machine.
I installed, as recommended, from a serial console.  My issue is that I
would now like to run the machine from the buit-in GXT250 card.
However, even though OF is set for keyboard and display before serial,
the machine insists on the console being through serial port A.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

(BTW, the deal fell through on the SGI Octane R10k/250 I was selling, so
I'm open to new possible buyers.)