[rescue] Interesting bit on Multics

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 08:27:52 CST 2003

--- Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> This was a job at a bank, but as usual they would not say who.
>
> Recruiters love the cloak-and-dagger game.

Well, to be fair, they need to be - I'm sure every recruiter has a
story from early on when they let slip a client name and the applicant
did an end-run around the headhunter and got the interview/job,
preventing the headhunter from doing their job/getting paid.

That said, I wish I had a head hunter involved in my current job search
- I applied for a position out of the blue (co website listing) and got
a call... Went for the interview, and the position I applied for was
put on the back burner, they are considering me for a better (Mgmt,
building on my exp., etc. - other position was a bit of a shift within
the same industry)... Anyway, I find myself dealing with the VP/Sr.
Mgmt of a large multi-national company and am afraid I will wind up on
the losing end of the negotiations (sell myself cheap).

I wish I had a headhunter involved, so they could drive me trhough the
process and make this happen, as it is, I am out of my element and not
sure how hard to push/encourage/remind them about my application...

Anyway, I like headhunters. ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall