[rescue] Indy question...

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Oct 26 17:30:15 CST 2003

On Oct 26, 2003, at 4:56 PM, Mike Hebel wrote:

> What I'm wondering is which is better for Irix 6.5 and BRLCAD:
>
> R4400 - 175mhz
> R4600 - 100mhz

The R4400.  It's a stronger CPU, and it's clocked faster.  The R4600 is
the "low cost" variant of the R4400 with a substantially weaker
floating-point unit.  The only thing that would make me recommend the
R4600 is if the R4400 is the "PC" variant; that is, if it has no
secondary cache.  hinv will enlighten you, and you can always swap CPUs
after loading the OS.  All the R4x00 CPUs use the same kernel in the
Indy.

--
Jonathan C. Patschke   )  "Java is the COBOL of 2020."
Elgin, TX             (                --alex avriette