[rescue] Netbsd install issues

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Oct 25 22:13:23 CDT 2003

On 2003.10.25 09:22 dave venable wrote:

> After going through what appears to be a normal install from 1.6.1
> cd/iso, my ss20-dual proc-256mg-quad ether-2 gig seagate system
> complains bitterly that the instfs file system is full.
Never trust an installation routine. ;-)
Why don't you go to a single user shell from the installation menu and
do the disklabel, newfs, un-tar / un-pax, installboot stuff by hand?

BTW: You should use a -current snapshot from ftp://releng.netbsd.org/
1.6.1 can't do SMP on sparc, but -current will make use of all your
CPUs. I run a "make -j 4 world" on my dual SM61 SS20 and it did well.
Maybe this solves the problem with the broken installer also...
--

tsch|_,
           Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz