[rescue] Closet cleaning 4

James Birdsall jwbirdsa at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 23:17:58 CDT 2003

From: "Joshua Boyd" <jdboyd at ohno.mrbill.net>
> I suspect it's just a high density connector on the back of the card,
> going out to either a BOB or a tail.  Maybe with an RCA connector or two
> on the card (for S/PDIF).

Low-density actually: a very ordinary-looking DB25. The breakout box, which
is a genuine metal box, has twelve quarter-inch jacks for analog, and a pair
of RCAs for S/PDIF. The balanced quarter-inch jacks are identical to
three-conductor headphone jacks, but instead of carrying left, right, and
ground, it's plus and minus (differential signaling) and ground.

For everybody's info, most of the stuff is gone already. The two EISA DEFEA
cards are still available, the Pinnacle DVD1000, and most of the WS-1400:
the CDDI card is taken, but the chassis with an eight-port MIC card is still
available, now priced at $20.

--James B.