[rescue] Closet cleaning 4

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Oct 23 08:18:10 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 08:21:59AM +0200, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:
> James Birdsall wrote:
> >
> > Lexicon CORE high-end PCI audio card, 4 analog in/8 analog out balanced
> > 1/4", plus S/PDIF in and out. Card, docs, software, breakout box, cable.
>
> Balanced? Omg. That's exotic hardware, apart from the fact it's
> PeeCee-hw. =)
> You have photos? Would be cool to see how it looks.

I suspect it's just a high density connector on the back of the card,
going out to either a BOB or a tail.  Maybe with an RCA connector or two
on the card (for S/PDIF).

> > Only works under Windows 98 as far as I can tell. $10
>
> And that's the downside to it.
> That and my lack of need for it, and I suspect my friend (who has a
> "small" studio) has already got enough gear for this kind of things...

If the Windows 98 machine is destrined to run absolutely nothing other
than Protools Free (which is an 8 track version of protools), it should
be stable enough, and somewhat more usefull than an Octane with nothing
other than soundtracker and audacity.