[rescue] Ultra 1e price question

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Thu Oct 23 00:53:10 CDT 2003

> On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 22:59, wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:
> I note that the local university is advertising for Friday's sale a "Sun
Sparc
> Ultra Enterprise 1". That's the only specs on it - no mention of memory,
disk,
> or graphics or the lack of any of the above. It's listed at $50. Is this a
good
> price given the unknowns - it would be a barebones.

Personally I think any U1 is worth $50 even a base unit. However, be aware
there is a model of the U1 that has the badge 'Ultra 1 Enterprise on the
front. These are not the more familiar machines like the 170E. They are
plain vanilla U1's. All of the machines that are true 'E' Enterprise models
will say 'Ultra 1 Creator' on their badge.

--
Mike N

"Being an honorable person is no longer worthwhile in America,
Incorporated." -- Dave McGuire