[rescue] Interesting bit on Multics

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 14:49:27 CDT 2003

--- "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:

> Think of the colateral effect. An emulator to run the binaries would
> have to be developed. A PL/I compiler for current systems. Multics
> on your home computer. Multics on your laptop, Multics on your cell
> phone.
> :-)

There are those working hard to see that emacs fills all those needs,
as well as home banking, automive diagnostics, search for alien life,
and, if you insist, edit text files... ;^)

Isn't time for an editor preference debate? ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall