[rescue] AIX & RS/6000

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 16:22:57 CDT 2003

--- Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 02:16 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> >>    That's the Purify people, right?
> >
> > However, they're also the ClearCase people.  *puke*
>
>    Ahh yes.  I've been in denial about that.

I once sold a competitor of ClearCase (from Atria) - what a bloated
piece of software... Our competing product did the bulk of what their
product did, and ours was developed by a part-time programmer (meaning
he had a full time programming gig on wall street)...

Ah, well, back then sales were tough becuase we were preaching that
each developer should have their own 1 Gig HD for storing their working
copies of projects on - I can't tell you how many programming managers
looked at me and said "I can't DO THAT - IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE!" Back
then, a 1 Gig drive was a $1,000 purchase...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall