[rescue] SCSI Zip on SGI O2

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Oct 16 23:58:45 CDT 2003

I personally would not trust the termination in a SCSI ZIP drive....

Your going to need to terminate the high bits when you go from wide
scsi to narrow scsi ... so make sure when you make that transition
your terminating the high order bits.... then you want to terminate
(actively) the low order 8 bits after the zip drive.

Make sure you use active termination in both places.

Failure to terminate the bus properly will lead to all sorts of
potential havoc/data loss.

-- Curt