[rescue] SCSI Zip on SGI O2

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Oct 16 16:19:06 CDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:42:02 -1000
Lom Defer wrote:

> I recently bought a legacy iomega 250 scsi zip drive to hook to my o2.
> There is a active terminator on the current scsi devices (external
> disk and floppy disk) connected to the o2.  i plan to add the zip at
> the end of the chain.  do i still need an active terminator?  the zip
> seems to have an internal termination (small switch on the back of the
> drive: termination on / off). the scsi connection on the zip is a
> 25-pin.  o2 requires 68-pin.  i assume a 25 to 68 scsi adapter is all
> i need. correct?  sorry for these basic questions on this forum.

You can add that Zip with no problems that I'm aware of.  Flip the
terminator to on, add it at the end of the chain, and you're all set.
68-pin to 25-pin cables are readily available at any decent retailer.

--
Kurt                   I've been searching for the holy grail
kurt at k-huhn.com        I found out it's for sale