[rescue] AIX & RS/6000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Oct 16 14:05:50 CDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

> I know several people here are AIX proponents, so I was hoping that
> someone could point me towards a low-cost or free source of AIX 5.1/5.2
> media and license.

Low-cost license?  For anything IBM?

*falls over laughing*

The -upgrade- from 5.1 to 5.2 is over a thousand dollars on a
multiprocessor system!

You can find cheap media from time-to-time on eBay, but don't expect to
pass a license audit.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire