[rescue] wanted: diskimage for sun3 architecture

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Wed Oct 15 02:33:45 CDT 2003

Steve Sandau wrote:
> >Off the top of my head, which makes it suspect is that the SCSI id 0 was
> >actually ID 3 and ID 3 was actually 0. So set the drive to ID 3, and
> >use it as sd0.

I'll try. I think I already did (with SCSI ids 0, 1 and 3) but I'll
double-check.

> In any case, I will fire up the working 3/80 with SunOS 4.0.3 if I can
> find anything that'd help. I also have original 1/4" tapes with 4.0.3 on
> them. Do I remember that there was a difference between a 3/60 and a
> 3/80 that would prevent my OS from working on a 3/80??

Sun 3/60 is sun3 architecture (68020), Sun 3/80 is sun3x architecture
(68030).

Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"