[rescue] wanted: diskimage for sun3 architecture

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Tue Oct 14 18:07:39 CDT 2003

>>I think Sun started doing the id 0/id 3 trick later. From
>>http://www.sun3arc.org/install/install.phtml :
>>Device	SCSI-id	PROM boot command
>>sd0	0	sd(0,0,slice)
>>sd2	1	sd(0,8,slice)
>>sd4	2	sd(0,10,slice)
>>sd6	3	sd(0,18,slice)
>>st0	4	st(0,0,file)
>>st1	5	st(0,8,file)
>>sr0	6	sd(0,30,slice)
>

> Off the top of my head, which makes it suspect is that the SCSI id 0 was
> actually ID 3 and ID 3 was actually 0. So set the drive to ID 3, and
> use it as sd0.

As stated in another message, I also think that SCSI ID 3 is the boot
drive. I have a couple of 3/80s (one works) and I remember the install
used sd(0,18,0) which I thought was odd. I guess I still do.

In any case, I will fire up the working 3/80 with SunOS 4.0.3 if I can
find anything that'd help. I also have original 1/4" tapes with 4.0.3 on
them. Do I remember that there was a difference between a 3/60 and a
3/80 that would prevent my OS from working on a 3/80??

Steve