[rescue] Need SGI part.

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Oct 13 15:51:37 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire says ...
> On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 02:56 PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> > I've bought sleds off eBay, where the going price seems to be about
> > US$25.
> > Considering that my son just bought a decent, complete, loaded I^2 for
> > US$50, the eBAY price for sleds is ridiculous, but it seems to be the
> > price.
>
>    Not at all.  There are many more empty drive bays than there are
> sleds.

For his $50, Eric got an I^2 with 3 sleds, containing, repectively, a 2 gig
system drive, a DDS tape drive, and a CD-ROM drive.  Plus an external SCSI
floppy.  So, he could break the machine for parts and turn a tidy profit,
had he a mind to do such.

Of course, cars are like that, too, so I guess you're right.  It's not too
silly.  Just the market at work.

-Shel