[rescue] VOIP

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Oct 13 06:49:01 CDT 2003

On Monday, Oct 13, 2003, at 01:34 US/Eastern, Geoffrey S. Mendelson
wrote:

>> The 911 thing makes sense. 911 calls are automatically routed to the
>> nearest emergency call center, and if your phone is routed through a
>> server in California or New Jersey, how can you reach the right
>> center?
>
> How about a cell phone?

Not exactly the same. A cell phone is auto-located by the service
provider as part of the call routing. Not a problem to connect to the
right emergency call center. And even then, I've been connected to the
Washington D.C. 911 instead of Baltimore when I called.

---sambo