[rescue] VOIP

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 06:36:16 CDT 2003

--- "N.Miller" <vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:

> Yes, any cell phone has to be able to make a 911 call, but
> that doesn't solve the "where are you?" problem.  911 can be
> routed oddly through the cell towers, so there is no guarantee
> you will get a local 911 dispatcher.

OK

> Not a problem if the person dialing 911 is able-bodied, but what
> if it's a 5 y-o who doesn't know the address or someone who is
> blind (in a car/on the street) or deaf?
>
> Not an easy problem to solve.

Travel only with healthy grown-ups? ;^)

GPS service (or terrestial triangulation) is coming, my phones have it,
but when will my 911 service support it?

Or when I am on the road?

BUT, it is MUCH better than nothing, and it is the best that can be
done NOW. ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall