[rescue] Trade?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Oct 11 09:27:33 CDT 2003

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 10:24 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>    Hey, neat!  I wonder if it can run a real OS.  Have you tried
>> anything else on it?
>
> Even neater (purely for hack value), I wonder if it can run the origial
> "Pen Windows" version of Windows 3.1

   Hmm.  You like to be spanked, don't you.  ;)  [dave ducks]

> Neat!  Someone makes hardware that might actually survive a few months
> with me!

   Doubtful. ;)

>>    OBD-II?  Whazzat?
>
> The diagnostic connector on American-made cars.  You can peek and poke
> some really neat values across that interface.  You can read and clear
> trouble codes, put the engine in "closed loop" diagnostic mode, tinker
> with timing, and all sorts of other hackery.

   Oh oh oh, yes, I've heard of that but I've never known what it's
called.  Neat!  That sounds like lots of fun.  My 911 has a serial port
but I've never found any reference to the protocol it speaks, and I've
never been brave enough to try to reverse-engineer it.

        -Dave