[rescue] Trade?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Oct 11 09:24:41 CDT 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Hey, neat!  I wonder if it can run a real OS.  Have you tried
> anything else on it?

Even neater (purely for hack value), I wonder if it can run the origial
"Pen Windows" version of Windows 3.1

> > When I first got it, I decided to test the durability and ran it over
> > with my truck while the unit was on.  It still works just fine.  Didn't
> > even scratch anything up.
>
>    Holy Cow.

Neat!  Someone makes hardware that might actually survive a few months
with me!

>    OBD-II?  Whazzat?

The diagnostic connector on American-made cars.  You can peek and poke
some really neat values across that interface.  You can read and clear
trouble codes, put the engine in "closed loop" diagnostic mode, tinker
with timing, and all sorts of other hackery.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols