[rescue] SGI PS/2 keyboards

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Oct 9 06:43:44 CDT 2003

There is  one generation of granite SGI keyboards after
the slabs that was decent, or at least they were in my
opinion.  The one that came with my Octane was granite
but much smaller than the slabs and it was nice to use,
not nearly as mushy and generally crappy as the
charcoal ones are.

It had two stuck keys (previous owner was messy)
however so i tossed it into the dishwasher.  It
helped but one key still stuck so i replaced it with a
slab.

/KRM

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:00:11 -0500
"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>
> > Other than looks, is there any difference between
> > the SGI grey and granite PS/2 keyboards?  Which
> > PS/2 keyboard feels most like the old Onyx
> > keyboards (the granite ones, since I seem to recall
> > also seeing an older beige one once).
>
> The "slab" keyboards are the clicky ones.  They were
> either granite or beige, depending on the system they
> came with.  The smaller form-factor ones are all
> mushy and identical, whether they're granite, black,
> or"Klingon Grey".
>
> --
> Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the
> sludge at the bottom Elgin, TX          (    of the
> user swamp."           --Gary
> __ rescue list -

"UNIX was not designed to coddle the weak."
				--Fyodor
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/