[rescue] Ultra 1 no video...

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Wed Oct 8 18:58:54 CDT 2003

My ultra 1 creator3d decided to greet me with no video as I powered it up today.
This of course after I started looking at getting a faster unit yesterday. My
car does the same everytime I go at dealers, kicking some tires, it decides to
leave me stranded to teach me better :)

Anyway, the service manual is not helping:
page 4-3 "symptom: no video output on the system monitor. action: replace the
monitor or the graphics card".

The leds on the keyboard work, the drives are spinning, power led on unit is on.
I know the monitor is ok. I dont have a video card handy. Any suggestions? Can I
get a console thru serial port and run a diagnostic? Help me save this old
workhorse...

Thanks,
Francois