[rescue] Free monitors in the Boulder/Denver area

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Wed Oct 8 15:51:10 CDT 2003

It's time to clean off my work bench in the garage and that means
getting rid of some monitors.  The following are free for pickup
in the Boulder/Denver Colorado area (sorry, I'm not going to ship
these).  Most have not been turned on in some time but were in good
condition (with the exception of the VRT19-HA) when last I checked.
If you are interested in any of these I'll try and setup a test
station to verify the status.  If no one wants them they get recycled
in a week.

Sony trinitron monitors:
    These work "out of the box" on Sun/Solbourne (at least they do
    on the non-ultra Suns, I don't know about the ultras).

    Sony GDM 1601 (16" trinitron)
	http://www.si87.com/MonitorSolutions/sony/gdm1601.html
	http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/sony/gdm1601.html
	1280x1024 max currently adjusted for 1152x900
	63.34KHz Horizontal, 59.98 Hz Veritcal
	5 BNC, Sync on Green, Composite, Seperate (any of these will work)

    Sony GDM 1950 (19" trinitron)
	http://www.si87.com/MonitorSolutions/sony/gdm1950.html
	http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/sony/gdm1950.html
	1280x1024 max currently adjusted for 1152x900
	63.9KHz Horizontal, 60 Hz Veritcal
	5 BNC, Sync on Green, Composite, Seperate (any of these will work)

HP monitors.  These are from HP9000/300 and HP9000/400 series
workstations and probably won't sync to an HP9000/700 series.

    HP 98752A (19" Sony trinitron)
	http://www.si87.com/MonitorSolutions/hp/98752a.html
	http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/hp/98752a.html
	1280x1024, 64khz Horizontal, 60hz Veritcal
	3 BNC, sync on green
	AKA Sony GDM 2039

    HP 98785A (16" Sony trinitron)
	http://www.si87.com/MonitorSolutions/hp/98785a.html
	http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/hp/98785a.html
	1024 x 768, 48khz Horizontal, 60hz Veritcal
	3 BNC, sync on green

    HP 98789A (16" Sony trinitron)
	http://www.si87.com/MonitorSolutions/hp/98789a.html
	http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/hp/98789a.html
	1280x1024, 63.34khz Horizontal, 60hz Veritcal
	3 BNC, sync on green

DEC monitors.  These were originally for DECstations workstations
but will work with some (turbochannel) alpha framebuffers.

    DEC VRT19-HA (19" Sony trinitron)
	http://si87.com/MonitorSolutions/dec/vrt19ha.html
	http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/dec/vrt19ha.html
	1280x1024, 70khz or 77khz Horizontal, 66hz or 72hz Veritcal
	3 BNC, sync on green
	AKA Sony GDM 1961
	NOTE: display is wavy--the capacitors may be going south

    DEC VR319-DA (20" Monochrome)
	http://si87.com/MonitorSolutions/dec/vr319da.html
	http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/dec/vr319da.html
	1280x1024, 77khz Horizontal, 72hz Veritcal
	1 BNC, sync on green