[rescue] Weird Silicon Graphics o2 graphics issues

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Oct 1 16:18:55 CDT 2003

On 2003.10.01 22:01 Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Well, you're being more than slightly unfair there by picking as your
> example a window manager legendary for its bloat.
I just wanted to be a litle zealot. ;-)

> Mozilla and XV, to
> name just the very first two examples straight off the top of my head,
> both work perfectly well with any X color model/depth I've ever used
Sure. I used Mozilla on a 8 bit Xterminal and on an old Alpha with 8 bit
TGA graphics card...

> Also, just because most Linux distributions using most display cards
> will configure X for TrueColor by default if TrueColor is supported on
> that card, does not mean that Linux is TrueColor-only.
Yes. What I wanted to point out was that many "Linux Kids" are grown up
never looking onto a 8 bit display. So they sometimes forget about such
things.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen