[rescue] What is this?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 1 16:27:42 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 04:36 PM, John Mothershead wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance but what is an "SGI CRAY Origin 2000
> router with
> 8 META router cards installed"
> I know what an Origin 2000 is, but a stand alone router?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/
> eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11223&item=3050604871

   It's what you use to build a really BIG Origin 2000 system.  That's
the same seller I got my O2000 from...Looks like he did part out a 2800
or something similar.  That means he'll probably have a lot more of
those single-chassis machines for sale.

> Oh yeah, is it worth rescuing?

   If you can afford it, and if you plan to get a bunch of Origin 2000
chassis to build a really big honkin' system.

         -Dave