[rescue] OT: Gaming [ was: FeeCee rescue]

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Oct 1 15:04:29 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 06:26 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I've been playing Twisted Metal: Black the last couple of days.  I
> suck,
> of course, and any 12yr-old could kick my ass from here to the west
> coast and back.  I keep getting distracted by the effects, the quality,
> the lighting, dynamic lights, atmospheric effects, and so on.  I must
> say, for what it does, it certainly gives a gaming PC a run for it's
> money as far as playability and quaility of games.

I am still more impressed by the GameCube's graphics than the
PS2's.  The water and paint "goop" effects in Super Mario
Sunshine are killer.  The difference b/w the PS2 and the PS1
is night and day, though.

I've not turned on my "Wintendo" (nice word, btw) in a couple
of months as I've been playing through a couple of PS2 RPGs
that I had.  The thing I hate most about the consoles, though,
is the load time.  I wish they'd put some more memory in them
(or let you add memory) and prefetch.  The GC is faster, in
this respect, than the PS2.  Since GC is the first Ninetendo
that is not cartridge based, they knew they had to keep load
times down.

=Nadine=