[rescue] Locations? (Possibly OT)

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Oct 1 14:40:54 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 10:02 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Paul wrote:
>
>> I'm just wondering, is anybody here from around the Houston area?
>
> I went to Rice there for a few years.

I went to school in the 80's at TAMU in College Station.
I still have a lot of friends living in the area.

>> And, strangely, Houston doesn't seem to have any good places to pick
>> up/buy/trade the more interesting hardware.
>
> The Rice University greensheet occasionally has some -really-
> interesting things.  They dumped all their SGIs two years ago, for
> instance, and I think most of them landed on there.  U of H has a
> similar thing, but I've never seen goodies on it.

I could put you in touch with some of my buddies, if you
like; one of them runs a computer-related mailing list
that you might be interested in joining.  It's very low
volume, and most folks are in Houston or DFW areas.  Warning:
it's not nearly as hardware discriminating as rescue, though.
;-)  You will see M$ and x86 discussions regularly.

I made this a public offer because geeks need to network
more--lesson #1 from my job hunt (ongoing).

=Nadine=