[rescue] Locations? (Possibly OT)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Oct 1 00:02:12 CDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Paul wrote:

> I'm just wondering, is anybody here from around the Houston area?

I went to Rice there for a few years.

> Seems the biggest issues in 'cool' hardware is the shipping costs.

Yes, and power and cooling and all that jazz.

> And, strangely, Houston doesn't seem to have any good places to pick
> up/buy/trade the more interesting hardware.

The Rice University greensheet occasionally has some -really-
interesting things.  They dumped all their SGIs two years ago, for
instance, and I think most of them landed on there.  U of H has a
similar thing, but I've never seen goodies on it.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols