[rescue] FS/FT: Sun Ultra 30 - middling specifications... [SOLD]

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 13:44:27 CST 2003

--- Joost van de Griek <joost at jvdg.net> wrote:
> On 2003-11-15 20:10, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> > Why deal with eBay overhead if we just want a private service?
>
> Feedback ratings.

There are a lot of little nicities with eBay:

 - Links into PayPal (can be done by anyone though)
 - Feedback (but I've *never* had a problem with anyone on this list!)
 - Ability to "watch" items
 - Security (again, can be done by anyone)

When I listed my U30 this morning, I was unsure what it was worth, and
had to come up with a set price. Obviously, someone thought my price
was fair (thanks!), but pricing is a challenge.

On the down side, it can get ugly if we all know who is bidding ;^)

One of the early auction sites I liked had an ability to post a comment
- that was fun, but in this age of "sniping" it seems irrelevent...
They also had auctions go until interest waned, IIRC...

Ah, the good old days...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall