[rescue] SNMP, Baby! (Now School topics)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 09:13:40 CST 2003

--- "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> Amazing that schools never seem to lack money for the football team
> though.  And it does not seem to stop them raising tuition fees...

Football is a fundraising/money-making venture for the school:
 - Football keeps alumni connected to the school, increasing donations
 - Football has $$$ from televised events that help offset the cost

> I think that it is not a coincidence that U Chicago does not have
> professional sports, and also has a huge number of Nobel winners
> among their faculty.

I don't think any Universities have professional sports - thay have
amature/collegiate sports ;^) (sorry, picking nits)

Many schools have insignificant sporting programs and *don't* have
Nobel winners on faculty - there is no connection... (of course, IMHO
;^)

How many CS graduates return to their alma mater (sp?) and give
*significant* money? Oh, I'm sure there are a few, but...

Anyway,

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall