[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Nov 12 19:23:54 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:22:41 -0800 (PST)
Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Well, all I can say is take that and multiply that by 100x and that is
> how good it was back in the old days :). Actually I watch that show
> for rememberance shake, good old days. Of course the Spanish humor is
> 100x more fucked up, less worry about being PC in major TV outlest may
> be part of it... I guess the American announcers have to be a tad more
> constrained.

I really would like to see that.  Here in the US, even on cable, they
have to carefully craft every sentance - lest they piss off one of the
professionally offended and get sued for millions.  The PC shit is
really killing entertainment.

> I have actually had a conversation with a couple of people which were
> trying to explain me the merits of pro wrestling as a sport, and I was
> all like "c'mon... I mean it is a great acting program if anything",
> and they got rather irate as I was unable to grasp the subtetlies of
> such a fine sport. I thought they were doing a fine job at pulling my
> leg, but later on I was terrified during the conversation to find out
> that they were serious.... amazing.

FEAR.

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes