[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Nov 11 23:11:08 CST 2003

On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 10:54 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   This is something that really pisses me off.  My neighbor is a
> stay-at-home mom, *BY CHOICE*.  Her husband goes out and earns the
> money to support the family.  There is no forcing involved...they LIKE
> it this way, and they're happy this way.  Yet she gets a lot of flak
> from hairy-legged women about how she should ditch the guy who is
> "making her do this".

I've known quite a few people like this.  They did this for their own
reasons - most often because the lady in question _wanted_ to be a mom.
  Several of them were women who had law degrees or full-time RN
certificates and could get a job anywhere.  They _chose_ to be where
they are - most people do.  Even if sometimes they don't realize it.

>   The feminazis need to stay out of other peoples' business.

Y'know - it's interesting to note that there are at least three
channels on cable/satellite devoted to women only programming.

Yet they made such a stink when they turned TNN into Spike.  But then
they argue that we have enough Sports channels.  What about men who
don't watch sports?

<Flame>
I think they need to step away from the burning bra smoke and get some
fresh air.
</Flame>

Kind of like the politicians need to step away from Big Business.
Probably ain't gonna happen but it's nice to dream about.

I know I've offended somebody - feel free to send hate male to spamtrap
"at" nimitzbrood.com - yes it's a real address.  I'll happily route it
to my junk folder and look at it when I need a laugh.

Wow.  I'm cranky tonight.

Mike Hebel