[rescue] Bigger Iron at Home (was: SNMP, Baby!)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Nov 11 14:29:50 CST 2003

On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 02:19 PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:40:53 -0600
> Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> My wife implemented a "volume" policy.  If I bring anything else in, I
>> have to get rid of an equivalent physical volume of hardware.
>>

> Karin did the same thing.  It's actually a good policy.  I can pick and
> choose what stuff goes out, as long it fills the same airspace.  I also
> have "My Office".  The office room is mine, and half the garage is
> mine.
>  I can put whatever I want in those two areas.  The rest of the house
> isn't off-limits, but it must meet approval before being placed there.

Pretty much the same here - with the exception that she doesn't care
how many computers are in the computer room as long as I spend time
with the family and the bills are paid.  She would balk though at
something like a "cooking" laptop in the kitchen though.  She'd
outright stomp me if I tried to put a computer in a bathroom though.

I personally don't see anything wrong with playing Quake while on the
toilet.

Oh geeze!  I just remembered those guys from Fresh Gear that invented
video games for urinals.  Forget I mentioned a computer in the toilet...

Mike Hebel