[rescue] Challenge L Rescue

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Nov 9 18:19:56 CST 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 02:05:38PM -0500, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> OK, the Tandem-badged Challenge L is in the house.  It runs, it boots, etc.
>
> Its a four-R4.4k processor IP19 with 1.5 GB of main memory:

A friend of mine told me I could have one of these, with 4+ CPUs
and several RAM and controller boards.

I have never gotten it because it seems like it would be too large and
draw too much power (I have a single 15A circuit for my two Sun's and a
PC).  Nothing else is over 15A.

Plus, the thing was big and heavy.

Anyone know what the real power requirements are for one as above, and
with maybe 4 hard drives?

The manuals I found for it pretty well list maximum power draw only.

Don't most systems like this have a document somewhere that gives you
piece-by-piece power consumption?