[rescue] Spaceball + IRIX?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Fri Nov 7 13:10:42 CST 2003

I'm not bothering with any of them considering that that box has been relegated to file server
status for almost four years now.

I don't believe Lightwave was even doing real time shaded polys when Max 1.0 came out.  It wasn't a
common feature on x86 based 3D apps at the time.  3DS4 DOS had it to a very limited degree (preview
mode.)

/KRM

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:52:25 -0500 (EST)
Nathan Raymond <nate at portents.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 01:23:33PM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> >
> > > playing with the demos.  A dual PPro 200 w/ Matrox card wasn't enough
> > > to effectively rotate geometry any more complex than Utah teapot.
> >
> > Maybe MAX can't pull if off on a dual PPro 200 w/ Matrox Millenium, but
> > that doesn't mean the machine can't do it somehow.  I bet it would do it
> > nicely for moderate models in Lightwave 5.x.  And, of course,  older
> > wildcat cards, or PCI TNTs are dirt cheap now.
>
> I wouldn't bother with a PCI TNT when you can get a 64MB Radeon 9100 PCI
> card for $40 (same chipset as the Radeon 8500):
>
> http://www.shentech.com/vixt91ra91pr.html
>
> --
> Nathan Raymond

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a cornered badger on
amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/