[rescue] SPARCstation Voyager

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Wed Nov 5 15:31:19 CST 2003

On 2003-11-04 08:23, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> I buy my Li-ion cells from a dealer in Canada. I thought the Voyager brick
> contained NiMH or NiCD.

Li-Ion for sure, accessory X911A. Rather state-of-the-art at that time;
1994-5 was the era of the self-combusting PowerBook 5300 Li-Ion batteries,
after all.

> Do you have the unobtanium cable for the AC power/charger unit? BE aware
> that charging Li-ion cells is dangerous without special chargers.

Yes, I have the cable. Is it unobtanium? Cool. :-)

There are three ways in which I can connect AC and battery:

1. AC power/charger unit in the machine, battery connected through the
cable.
2. Battery in the machine, AC power/charger unit connected through the
cable.
3. AC power/charger unit and battery both out of the machine, connected to
each other through the cable.

Which configuration is correct? Or can a battery be charged in any of the
three? Damn, I wish Sun would still have the manual for this thing online.
Why is it that I could still download one for my LX's, which are older, but
not for the Voyager? Anyone have a PDF or HTML version they'd be willing to
share?

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups